The Taiwanese American community is often seen as a privileged one, so we’re happy to see that this project of the Asian Pacific Community Fund is targeted towards those youth who need a little helping hand to further their educational opportunities.
The 2015 Taiwanese American Scholarship Fund (TASF) is focused on helping economically-challenged Taiwanese American youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education. Through a competitive application process, the funds are applied toward tuition for selected students in their first or second year of college.
There are $35,000 in Scholarship Awards available:
14 – $2,500 Scholarships for High School Seniors and 1st Year College Students planning to attend a University/College in the U.S. for Fall 2015
The deadline to apply is Midnight on March 31, 2015
– U.S. citizen AND a direct blood descendant of a Taiwanese citizen
– High school senior or 1st year college student residing in the U.S.
– Plan to attend a University or College as a 1st or 2nd year student in the Fall of 2015 (If selected, high school seniors must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
– Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school/college GPA of 3.0
– Have a household income at or below Federal/State/County Low Income Level (Must be able to show 2013 or 2014 tax return should applicant be selected for award.)
– The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS
– Application Form
– Three References
– Official Transcript