Since 1992, the Taiwanese American Citizens League (TACL) Political Internship Program (PIP) has been TACL’s flagship internship program, demonstrating TACL’s commitment to civic participation. PIP’s mission is to empower the best and brightest students to make an impact in our community through civic engagement. We aim to foster the next generation of leaders and increase Taiwanese American representation in our country’s crucial decision-making processes.
The program places college students in local and federal elected officials’ offices for a summer internship that emphasizes identity and community impact while gaining leadership and networking experience. The eight week Washington, D.C. program includes:
• Internship: Full-time placement in a Congressional office to learn the inner workings of the political process
• Workshops: Two-day orientation and sessions throughout the summer on leadership, identity, policy, and networking
• Advocacy: Summer-long intern group project and culminating lobby visits on an issue important to the TA community
• Mentorship: Meaningful one-on-one relationship with an experienced mentor
All college students interested in Taiwanese American issues — regardless of previous political experience, major, or career goals — may apply.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Visit us on the web to access our online application and alumni community-http://tacl.org/programs/
Applications Due Friday, February 20, 2015
1. Completed Online Application (http://bit.ly/taclpip2015)
2. Letter of Reference or List of 2-3 References
3. Most Recent Transcript
5. Writing Sample (1-5 pages)
Program Key Dates:
SATURDAY, JUNE 6-SUNDAY, JUNE 7: Mandatory Program Orientation
MONDAY, JUNE 8: First Day of Internship
FRIDAY, JULY 31: Last Day of Internship
SATURDAY, AUGUST 1: Closing Ceremony
Taiwanese American Citizens League (TACL)
The mission of TACL is to enhance the quality of life for Taiwanese Americans. Our work is largely devoted to Leadership, Identity, Networking, and Citizenship (LINC).
TAP | LID | LYF | JTASA | PIP | GLO | Official Partner of ITASA
http://tacl.org/ | firstname.lastname@example.org