- This event has passed.
Tree Planting with TAP in Atlanta
March 21, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
To welcome the Spring, Taiwanese American Professionals – Atlanta (TAP-Atlanta) and Rubbermaid will be volunteering with Atlanta Trees to plant trees from 9 am to 12 pm March 21. It is important to arrive on time as they can only provide one demonstration (it takes 20 minutes) and every volunteer needs to see it.
We will be planting trees in the Westhaven neighborhood on Saturday. We also want all volunteers to stay for the entire project, and not leave before we finish.
• All ages are welcome, but volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and all volunteers between the ages of 16 and 17 who are not accompanied by a parent/guardian must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for them (We can send it to you if needed).
• Please wear closed-toed shoes or boots, clothes that can get dirty, sunscreen and bug spray as needed.
• We recommend that volunteers bring drinking water in a reusable container. No one-time-use plastic bottles, please.
• Tree planting is hard work, so make sure to eat a good breakfast and come prepared to work hard. A snack might be a good thing for those who tend to lose steam.
• Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather beforehand and come prepared.
• Trees Atlanta will provide all necessary tools and instruction, though volunteers may prefer to bring their own work gloves as reused gloves are not the nicest.
Please register at the following link so that we can get a good headcount: http://www.tap-atl.org/
Tabitha Schwartz is the coordinator for this project. If you have any trouble finding the meeting location, please call her cell phone at 404.547.2471.
Click here for a map of the meeting location: https://www.google.com/