The Taiwanese American community is often seen as a privileged one, so we’re happy to see that this project of the Asian Pacific Community Fund is targeted towards those youth who need a little helping hand to further their educational opportunities.
The 2016 Taiwanese American Scholarship Fund (TASF) is focused on helping economically-challenged Taiwanese American youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education. Through a competitive application process, the funds are applied toward tuition for selected students in their first or second year of college.
There are $50,000 in Scholarship Awards available:
20 – $2,500 Scholarships for High School Seniors and 1st Year College Students planning to attend a University/College in the U.S. for Fall 2016
The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM on February 29, 2016.
– U.S. citizen AND a direct blood descendant of a Taiwanese citizen
– High school senior or 1st year college student residing in the U.S.
– Plan to attend a University or College as a 1st or 2nd year student in the Fall of 2016 (If selected, high school seniors must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
– Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school/college GPA of 3.0
– Have a household income at or below Federal/State/County Low Income Level (Must be able to show 2014 or 2015 tax return should applicant be selected for award.)
– The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS
Note: Previous award recipients are eligible to apply as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
– Online Application Form
– Official High School/College Transcript
More info: http://tascholarshipfund.org/
Created in 2014, TASF (Taiwanese American Scholarship Fund) supports economically challenged students of Taiwanese descent residing in the U.S. with their pursuit of higher education. Through a competitive application process, the funds are applied toward tuition for selected students in their first or second year of college.
TASF is made possible through the generosity of a group of Taiwanese American philanthropists spearheaded by Sean Yu. It is the hope of these donors that their gifts will provide countless students with the opportunity for a brighter tomorrow and make their dreams of a college education come true.