Date: Monday, August 12, 2013
North America Taiwanese Women’s Association (NATWA) was founded in Los Angeles in 1988 as a non-profit organization. To learn more about NATWA, please visit www.natwa.com. In 2002, the NATWA Board passed an initiative to recruit members from younger generations to form “NATWA II.” The purposes for establishing NATWA II are as follows:
– To establish a network and support-based group consisting of young Taiwanese American and Canadian women.
– To create a database for young Taiwanese American and Canadian female professionals.
– To embrace and cultivate various talents of young Taiwanese American and Canadian women.
The objective of this internship program for NATWA II is to help develop the technical, communications, and organizational capacity for the NATWA II program.
Candidate qualifications – To apply, candidates should meet the following requirements:
1. 1.5 or 2nd generation Taiwanese American/Canadian Women in or post-college study
2. Recommended by a NATWA Chapter, a NATWA board member, or an ally organization
3. Computer and social media literate
4. Responsible and dependable
5. Strong writing skills
Appointment and Duties:
This is a twelve-month (September 2013 to September 2014), part-time appointment. During the term, the intern will commit at least 16 hours per quarter to help the NATWA II Coordinating Committee.
– Under the leadership of the NATWA II Committee Co-Coordinators, the intern will assist in organizational planning, member recruitment, local activities, and program development, particularly for the NATWA annual convention April 17-20, 2014, in New Orleans, LA.
– The intern will take the lead in producing and editing the twice-yearly NATWA II e-newsletter and the website, along with the NATWA II communications committee.
– The intern will also assist with maintaining the NATWA II listserv and Facebook page.
– The intern is required to participate in planning and conducting the NATWA II program at and to attend the 2014 NATWA convention. NATWA II will supplement expenses up to US$300 for the intern to attend the 2014 convention.
– The intern must attend the NATWA mid-year leadership meeting October 17-20, 2013, in Raleigh, NC. If the intern cannot attend, she must notify one of the NATWA II Committee Co-Coordinators and work on a special project. NATWA will supplement expenses up to US$300 for the intern to attend the mid-year meeting.
– Progress and final reports from the intern to the NATWA president are due at the mid-year meeting and the convention, respectively.
US$1,000 ($500 at the mid-year meeting in October 2013 and $500 at the convention in April 2014.)
1. Application form (online application can be found at http://goo.gl/ej7iR)
2. Most up-to-date resume
3. A short essay on why you want to be an intern for NATWA II and on your community service experience
4. Letter of recommendation from a NATWA chapter, a NATWA board member, or an ally organization
Application deadline: August 12, 2013
Please email the application package to: [email protected] NATWA II Committee Co-Coordinators are Deana Chuang and Jennifer Kuo.