Date: Saturday, July 14, 2012
Time: 2:00pm – 8:00pm
Location: Barnes Memorial Park (Outdoor Amphitheater)
Address: Monterey Park, CA
Cost: $5 donation
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/422506264460673/
626 Movemeant & Team Janet would like to invite you to our dance competition / bone marrow registry benefit for Janet Liang/A3M. Local Dance Crews from the 626 Community will be competing for the title of “626 Best Dance Crew.” There will also be a special performance by Taiwanese American artist Kevin Lien! For more information on Janet, please visit www.helpingjanet.com and www.asianmarrow.org/.
Before the start of the event, A3M will hold a bone marrow registry drive. All it takes is 4 to 5 mins to fill out a short form, get the cheek swab materials, swab your cheeks (takes 40 secs) and you’re done! It’s quick and painless. You will need to be 18 & over to register. If you’re under the age of 18, please bring a friend or family member that’s 18 & over, so they can register.
There will be a $5 donation at the door for those who didn’t register with A3M on the day of the event and received a raffle for a meet & greet drawing with the celebrity judges & performers.
Competition hosted by: The Fung Brothers (David & Andrew Fung)
Dance Teams Competing:
– Temple City High School – Choreo
– Alhambra HS – All Male
– Alhambra HS – Choreo
– Bakarda Modern – West Covina
– Honey Badgerz – West Covina
– Notoriouz Crew – Baldwin Park
– Fire Ferrets – San Gabriel
– Mark Keppel HS – Choreo
– Westside Butterfly – Arcadia
Special performances by:
– The Fung Brothers (YouTube Comedian Rappers): http://www.youtube.com/fungbroscomedy
– Jason Chu (Asian-American Rapper)
– Victor Kim (ABDC Season 3 winner, Singer, YTF): http://www.youtube.com/user/victorvictorkim
– Jonathan “Legacy” Perez (SYTYCD, Step Up 3D, Dance for Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Black Eyed Peas): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAJVrVHwLwI&list=UU82VOgHqmsenB8n_CXDFxXQ&index=1&feature=plcp
– Kevin Lien (YouTube Artist): http://www.youtube.com/user/KevinLienMusic
If you have any questions, please contact: [email protected]
Please spread the word to your family & friends. Thank You for your support!