Dates: April 6-8, 2012
Location: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
The University of Michigan hosts this year’s Intercollegiate Taiwanese American Students Association (ITASA) Midwest conference, the largest gathering of the Taiwanese American collegiate community!
They hope to “spark” Taiwanese Americans to not only explore their identities as Taiwanese Americans but to also explore their true passions and dreams in life. They also hope to emphasize to their participants that establishing strength in one’s social, cultural, and political identity will only benefit them in their future pursuits. After all, a “spark” is only the beginning.
The talented line-up of speakers include:
– Frances Kai-Hwa Wang, Columnist & Writer for Adventures in Multicultural Living
– Lisa Lee, Co-founder of Thick Dumpling Skin
– Ho Chie Tsai, Founder of TaiwaneseAmerican.org
– Jubilee Project, YouTube media group
– Kevin Lien, YouTube Performer, Artist and Producer
– Stephanie Wu and Christine Wei of Mochi Magazine
– Samuel Wang, Founder of Akufuncture
+ More speakers and Amazing performers
Check out the conference website:
Facebook event pages:
http://www.facebook.com/events/311962922190941/ (after party)
Don’t miss out! Register today!