Date: Saturday, November 19, 2011
Location: Nolan’s on 33rd
Address: 3301 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD
Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/305747076102271/
Join jhuTASA for a night of delicious homemade Taiwanese specialty FOODS, KARAOKE, and MAHJONG!
Learn to make:
1. Ba-wan (specialty from Changhua) – a large Taiwanese style dumpling made from rice flour and ground meat.
2. Green Onion Pancakes (Taiwanese staple) – a crispy panfried pancake studded with green onions
3. Mochi (specialty from Hualien) – delicious dessert made from rice flour and kneaded for a soft and chewy texture
And for those of you who just want to eat:
4. Oajian (specialty from Fujian) – pancake made from rice flour, egg and oysters with a sweet chili sauce on top
5. Gongwan Tang (specialty from Hsinchu) – pork meatballs in a clear broth with coriander and green onions.
6. Lu rou fan (specialty from Tainan) – chopped and stewed pork belly over rice
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND!