Applications for the Miss Taiwanese American Pageant 台美親善小姐選拔 are due soon. If you are or anyone else you know is strongly considering to apply, get your completed application form, a copy of your photo ID, & the initial $50 fee submitted to Taiwan Center by JULY 5TH, 2011!! For the photo & essay, don’t worry about it too much. You have until July 17th to finish your essay, & on July 9th, you’ll have an opportunity to get a photo taken of yourself.
Facebook event page for more updates: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218705058154451
You may hand-deliver your mail in your application to:
3001 Walnut Grove Ave.
Rosemead, CA, 91770
-Young single ladies 16 yrs old and older (single as in not married)
-High School student or higher
-Taiwanese (Taiwanese American or Taiwanese immigrant) or at least 1/8 Taiwanese
A completed application packet submitted by July 5th must consist of the following:
(1) Copy of Photo ID with date of birth
(2) Completed application form
(3) $50 Application Fee; Checks payable to “Taiwan Center”
OTHER PRELIMINARY ITEMS TO SUBMIT:
(4) 8″ x 10″ studio photo from the waist up – If you haven’t gotten this photo done yet, it’s okay. You have an opportunity to have this photo taken on July 9th at one of the trainings.
(5) Essay with a minimum of 500 words including a self-introduction & impression of Taiwan. This essay may be written in English or Chinese. – If you haven’t gotten around to doing this essay, it’s okay too. You have until July 17th to submit it now!
FINAL ROUND / PAGEANT EVENING:
For contestants who pass the Preliminary Round…
(1) Finalists are required to pay a $300.00 sponsorship fee for the weekly trainings on the weekends. Training dates are listed below.
(2) All finalists will receive a souvenir, certificate, prize, 2 pageant program books, & 2 tickets to the pageant evening.
(3) A Queen & 6 Princesses will be crowned & will be given a sash & trophy.
(4) In an official ceremonial event, the Queen will receive a $3,000.00 scholarship award & the Princesses will receive their awards in a separate event one week after the pageant evening.
TRAININGS & REHEARSALS:
-Contestants who pass the preliminary round are required to attend the trainings on the following days.
＊ Saturday, JULY 9TH at 1:30-5:30pm at Taiwan Center in Rosemead
*We will be taking a full picture for the program book, so please get your hair & make-up professionally done.
＊ Saturday, JULY 16TH at 1:30-5:30pm at Taiwan Center
*Learning the opening dance for the pageant evening
＊ Saturday, JULY 24TH at 1:30-5:30pm at Taiwan Center
*Practicing introductions & Q&A questions
＊ Saturday, JULY 30TH at 1:30-5:30pm at Taiwan Center
＊ Friday, AUGUST 5TH at 6:00-10:00pm at San Gabriel Hilton Hotel
＊ Saturday, AUGUST 6TH – Day of Pageant at San Gabriel Hilton Hotel
＊ Saturday, AUGUST 13TH – Pageant Award Ceremony at Taiwan Center
For those considering applying for the pageant & have further questions, feel free to contact Carol Chen at Taiwan Center (626)307-4881 or Susie Wu at (626)576-2855.