Spend your summer as an intern with a premier Internship Program. Internships for college students in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington DC Legislative Offices!
This 9-week internship program includes leadership, identity development, and a 3-day California State Capitol advocacy trip. A stipend will be awarded upon successful completion of the internship.
Taiwanese American Citizens League (TACL) sponsors several internships at various offices of elected officials at federal, state, and local levels. Participants learn firsthand the inner workings of the political system by observing and participating in the formation of policies, both domestic and foreign. In addition to working in their offices, interns visit top legislators in an intense lobbying trip, attend community events, participate in leadership development workshops, and various other activities.
The goal of this internship program is to stimulate and promote the long-term interest of future leaders in all areas of service, while developing identity and character through cultural and community awareness. This allows Taiwanese Americans to be better recognized as a developed community with a voice. Our primary mission for TACL is to promote Taiwanese culture, heritage and identity as well as involvement in American society.
TACL interns also gain access to a network of TACL alumni through our unique mentorship program. Alumni of the TACL Political Internship Program have gone on to become elected officials, Congressional staffers, state and local level government staffers, community and local business leaders, and students in top graduate school programs. They have also gone on to be ITASA Conference Directors, Board Members, founders and officers of TASAs and Taiwanese American Professionals (TAP) Chapters nationwide. Alumni List: http://tacl.org/programs/tacl-political-internship/158-tacl-political-internship-alumni
Partial list of past participating political offices:
- Barbara Boxer, US Senator
- Howard Berman, US Representative
- Cruz Bustamante, California Lieutenant Governor
- Gilbert Cedillo, California Senator
- John Chiang, California State Controller
- Judy Chu, California State Board of Equalization Member
- Jane Harman, US Representative
- Tom Lantos, US Representative
- Bob Margett, California State Senator
- Dana Rohrbacher, US Representative
- Lucille Roybal-Allard, US Representative
- Edward Royce, US Representative
- Adam Schiff, US Representative
- Hilda Solis, US Representative
- Diane Watson, US Representative
- Grace Napolitano, US Representative
- Ted Lieu, California State Senator
- Mike Eng, California State Assembly member
TACL is accepting applications for the 2011 Summer Political Internship Program, to be held in June 10 through August 14. All application materials must be received by April 15, 2011. Early applications are encouraged.
1. Completed application form.
2. A typed, double spaced statement of purpose (300-500 words) describing yourself and reasons for your interest in this program.
3. At least one letter of reference
4. A copy of your most recent transcript.
5. A resume.
For application and procedures: http://tacl.org/programs/tacl-political-internship
E-mail all applications and questions to: [email protected]
To find out more about other TACL Internships in Journalism and Entertainment, visit http://tacl.org