In 2002, the NATWA Board passed an initiative to recruit members from younger generations to form “NATWA II.” The purposes for establishing NATWA II are as follows:
1. To establish a network- and support-based group consisting of young Taiwanese American and Canadian women.
2. To create a database for young Taiwanese American and Canadian female professionals.
3. To embrace and cultivate various talents of young Taiwanese American and Canadian women.
The objective of this internship program for NATWA II is to help develop the technical, communications, and organizational capacity for the NATWA II program. Our website is www.natwa.com/natwa2. To learn more about the North
America Taiwanese Women’s Association (NATWA), which was founded in Los Angeles in 1988 as a non-profit organization, please check NATWA’s main website at www.natwa.com.
To apply, candidates should meet the following requirements:
1. 1.5 or 2nd generation Taiwanese American/Canadian Women in or post college study
2. Recommended by a NATWA Chapter, a NATWA board member, or a non-profit organization.
3. Computer and social media literate
4. Responsible and dependable
5. Strong writing skills
Appointment and Duties
1. This is a twelve-month (September 2010 to September 2011), part-time appointment. During the term, the intern will commit at least 20 hours per quarter to help the NATWA II Coordinating Committee.
2. Under the leadership of the NATWA II Committee Co-Coordinators, the intern will assist in organizational planning, member recruitment, local activities, and program development, particularly for the NATWA annual convention April 14-17, 2011, in St. Louis.
3. This year NATWA II plans to begin a project to collect Taiwanese mother-daughter stories. The intern will take a coordinating role on this project.
4. The intern will take the lead in producing and editing the twice-yearly NATWA II e-newsletter and the website, along with the NATWA II communications committee. The intern will also assist with maintaining the NATWA II listserve and Facebook page.
5. The intern is required to participate in planning and conducting the NATWA II program at and to attend the 2011 NATWA convention at St. Louis, MO April 15-17, 2011. NATWA II will supplement expenses up to US$300 for the intern to attend the 2011 convention.
6. The intern should attend the NATWA mid-year leadership meeting October 15-17, 2010, in Chicago. If the intern cannot attend, she must notify one of the NATWA II Committee Co-Coordinators. NATWA will supplement expenses up to US$300 for the intern to attend the mid-year meeting.
7. Progress and final reports from the intern to the NATWA president are due at the convention and at the end of the internship, respectively.
US$1,000 ($500 at the mid-year meeting in October 2010 and $500 at the convention in April 2011.)
To Download an Application
Application deadline August 20, 2010
Contact: [email protected] The NATWA II
Committee Co-Coordinators are TsuAnn Kuo and Joann Lo.